Not a week goes by in Ramsbottom without something amazing to talk about, this week we had the fantastic Rammy Rocks Festival held in Nuttall Park in aid of various charities. I’ve mentioned Rammy Rocks before, the last episode in fact where they were hosting a stall at the Chocolate Festival to get everyone involved.
The first Rammy Rocks Festival event was held on the 31st of March 2018 in Nuttall Park. My family and I wandered down at around half past 10, the event having started at 10 was already getting busy.
To give you some background on the whole Rammy Rocks thing, if you’ve not heard of it. The whole premise behind this group and many others online are to get children to do craft and get outdoors. That’s what they call in the trade as a one two punch. Not only are you getting them away from the screens to do some crafting, but in order to realise the full potential of that craft they have to get outside and hide it, and also look for others who have done the same too.
The steps from the Facebook group state:
– find some stones
– paint them however you like (acrylic paint works best)
– varnish them – (stops the paint from running)
– put f/b Rammyrocks on the back so people know where to post their finds
– helpful if you post where you’ve hidden them but you don’t have to
– if you find one – please post so people know
– either keep it or re-hide
– join in and paint some of your own
You don’t have to be artistic – paint anything you want – it’s not about who does the best but about taking part and letting the kids have fun (as well as us adults – it’s addictive!)